The Bartending and Beverage Management programs at Crescent School of Gaming and Bartending are designed to give the student “hands on” training behind an actual bar.
3-Week Bartending Course
The emphasis of the 3-week Bartending course is on mastering the art of mixing drinks quickly and properly. Upon graduation, the student will have the confidence and ability to step behind any bar, without any hesitation, and mix drinks proficiently. The key to mastering this art is practice, therefore students can expect to spend much of their class time behind the bar mixing cocktails.
New classes begin every Monday. Classes are completed in only three weeks, Monday through Friday. You can choose to attend either day or evening classes. This Course includes three weeks of "on-the-job" training in our simulated cocktail lounge, which will help you increase your speed, coordination and confidence behind the bar.
12-Week Beverage Management Course
Crescent is unique in offering a 12-week Beverage Management course that's designed to help you mo ve into a Head Bartender or Beverage Manager position.
If you plan on opening your own establishment, Crescent Schools will prepare you with the necessary skills needed to turn a profit and avoid the common pitfalls.
New classes begin each month. Attend classes Monday - Friday, day or evening.
Learn everything from the Bartending program, plus the business aspects of running a bar, including:
· Field trips and guest lectures - visit working breweries and talk with industry experts
· Staffing - Hiring, training, motivation and scheduling
· Inventory management - Purchasing, receiving, storing and issuing of liquor
· Cost control - Understanding your budget, beverage cost, and ways to protect the profit
· Marketing - Techniques to bring customers in and keep them coming back
· Spirits, beer and wine - How they are made, their similarities and differences.
Getting certified as a bartender at Crescent will give you an advantage in securing the top jobs in the hospitality industry, whether it be at a bar, restaurant, hotel, resort, casino, on a cruise ship, or as a private bartender at parties and special events.